Friday, November 16, 2012

Guest Post By My Mama, Who Rocks

How does one person receive so many blessings? The past couple of weeks I have unfortunately found myself in a darker than usual mood. I haven't found the answers myself when I enter this bleak and lonely plane, but those close to me seem to realize at these times I'm unable to stand alone and gather to hold me up. They keep me from falling into that deep, dark hole that so frightens me that I might one day enter and never return to feel the sunshine on my cheeks. This week alone I have received gifts of love in self-help books, a smooth and magical stone, phone calls just to 'check in' on me, another friend who won't let me fade away, an introductory card from a new acquaintance - the list goes on. It took me some time to realize these blessings, but I do thank each and every person and God for awakening me from this dungeon. This morning I see the red head on my woodpecker that visits our suet each morning brighter than ever, a huge deer standing in the yard where I've not seen one before. I'm anxious to begin wrapping the Christmas gifts that have sat waiting for my attention for a week. I am actually smiling. Earlier in the week I had written  a poem asking 'who do I ask?'. This morning while reading it - I understood my thoughts, but I didn't feel it. I'm ready to march on again and for this I thank you all. I can't do it alone. I shared this poem with very few, one being my daughter, Jacy. And her reply "the eye sees not itself but by reflection, by some other things." --Julius Caesar. She can see past my low ebbs and knows they will rise once again. And for the second time she has put her heart, her sore knee, her precious time into preparing to run another marathon to raise monies for NMO research and awareness for the Guthy Jackson Foundation. I couldn't be more proud of her taking action and realizing how fortunate she is to be able to move as she wishes. I will be moving with her this Saturday - in my mind - where all is possible. How blessed I am.

--Patti Lellock

And remember, to donate, visit Guthy Jackson Tribute Donations and write "in honor of Patti Lellock, who rocks." Only 2 days to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment