Monday, November 5, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness

Since this is a long post, I'm going to remind you now to please help find a cure for NMO by donating to the Guthy Jackson Foundation at http://www.guthyjacksonfoundation.org/donate/tribute-donations/. Be sure to write "In Honor of Patti Lellock" in the box. We are only 1/10th of the way to our goal of $3000. With only two weeks left until the marathon, let's shift into high gear! Please tell your friends and family, and please donate if you can. Even a $5 donation will help get us there!!

There has been a meme going round my sites lately in which people post something for which they are grateful every day for the 30 days preceding Thanksgiving. Since we celebrated Thanksgiving this past weekend with my family, I thought I might do them all in one day. So, here it is:

1. I'm thankful that I got to spend another Thanksgiving with my family. My mom was given 5 years when she was first diagnosed with NMO, and here we are in the fifth year. So, for #2...

2. I'm grateful that my mom has kept this disease at bay and is still alive to celebrate with us.

3. I'm thankful that my father has the strength and character to support my mom as she struggles with NMO.

4. I'm thankful for two healthy, funny, happy, smart, and beautiful baby girls.

5. I'm thankful for a husband who supports me as I struggle with my mom's disease.

6. I'm thankful for my "baby" brother, who suggested the trip and drove more than 7 hours to be with all of us this weekend.

7. I'm grateful for laughter.

8. I'm thankful for my strong body.

9. I'm thankful for a warm home.

10. I'm thankful for my fun, smart, and sweet friends (you know who you are!).

11. I'm thankful for time to play with my kids.

12. I'm thankful for swings that go high, and squeals of laughter they inspire.

13. I'm grateful for my education and for time, leisure, and resources that allow me to keep learning.

14. I'm thankful for running water and electricity.

15. I'm grateful for the time to run and play.

16. I'm thankful for leaves to rake and then scatter by jumping into big piles.

17. I'm grateful for energy to do what I want to do.

18. I'm grateful for the love of my parents.

19. I'm grateful that they taught me to persevere, to think about multiple perspectives, to be strong, and not to take myself too seriously.

20. I'm thankful that I still have two smart, strong, and loving grandmothers around to be models for my little girls.

21. I'm grateful that I am doing work that I love.

22, I'm grateful that I get to teach others about my passions.

23. I'm thankful for my running buddies, one of whom just completed her first iron man.

24. I'm grateful for babysitters.

25. I'm thankful for the shoes on my feet.

26. I'm thankful that we have enough food to eat.

27. I'm thankful for coffee.

28. And chocolate.

29. And ice cream.

30. And wine.

Bonus. I'm thankful to all of you who support me, my family, my run, and NMO research. Please donate!!

No comments:

Post a Comment